This I-9 form preparation, correction and audit webinar will discuss all the new guidelines for completing the new I-9 form as well as the ongoing regulations for appropriate method of correcting this document without incurring fines and penalties.
Why Should You Attend:
ICE is counting on Employer errors to increase their budget! Are you prepared????
On September 29 the DHS and Immigration Control Enforcement (ICE), the enforcement arm of DHS, hired 3 floors of new I-9 Document Auditors in their Tampa Field Office for 2018! This increase is to accommodate a huge push to conduct I-9 document audits to increase their fines and penalties since they know most Employers have errors!
Anyone can make a claim or complaint and it doesn’t even have to be true. Additionally, now the regulatory agencies are communicating more than ever before. The Department of Labor (DOL) communicates with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS), the DHS communicates with Child Support Services and on and on, it isn’t hard to imagine news getting out to target Employers however, research has proven that most complaints come from disgruntled employees and others come from audits of target industries.
Attend this webinar to understand how to fill I-9 form, how to correct it and audit it. what are the new developments in rule and how is agencies thinking to penalize employers, what are the best practices to follow to save your company from unnecessary violations?
Areas Covered :
- Learn what types of errors have the highest fines
- Ensure you have the most current I9 forms that is required
- What has changed in the most recent focus with the new political administration?
- How is the right way to correct I9 documents and save your company from unnecessary violations?
- What is the minimal risk Employers have when establishing an I9 document Correction & Storage Process?
- How should I9 documents be effectively corrected?
- How long should I9 documents be retained for active and terminated employees?
- Why are most Employers unclear about completing the new I9 form?
- Why are most HR professionals or those responsible for processing I9 documents still violating the request for documents section?
- What can you do if you have remote employees when it comes to I9 forms?
- What new immigration guidelines do Employers need to be aware of with the new administration?
- What is the Council for Global Immigration and what employees are protected?
Webinar: Immigration Alert! Prepare for I-9 Audits by Using a New I-9 Correction and Storage Process That is Accepted by Department of Homeland Security (DHS)! | When: Friday, Oct 26th | 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT | Duration: 90 Minutes | Expert Trainer: Margie Faulk
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. Margie currently provides compliance services for a large global data protection technologies company with International and multi-state locations with headquarters in Mountain View, California. A former Compliance Officer for a defense contracting technologies firm with a military base in Hawaii, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the following industries: Non-profit, construction, defense contracting and federal government, hospitality, military simulation, engineering, technologies, banking, homebuilding, hospitality, retail, real estate, criminal justice, legal system, commercial property management facilities operations and volunteer management. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.