This webinar will enhance your knowledge by helping you understand the basics of garnishments, liens and levies, how to identify and define their various types, and how to calculate them. This webinar training will help you better understand the various techniques used by your company.
Why Should You Attend:
In payroll department’s garnishments, liens and levies are a fact of life, yet handling them continue to be one of the most difficult and complex issues facing today's payroll professionals. With all of the federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations that must be followed to the letter plus the constant fear of personal liability, threat of penalties for violating any one of these numerous regulations can be a daunting task. Most employers would rather not be involved in an employee’s personal liabilities.
Areas Covered :
- Learn how to present ideas/best practices
- Gain confidences with figures and facts
- Understand fundamentals of liens, levies and garnishments
- Understand the different types of garnishments
- Federal tax levies, state tax levies, child support, creditor garnishments, bankruptcy orders, student loans, and wage assignments
- What are the employer's responsibilities
- How to handle garnishments for employees who no longer work for the company
- What is disposable income and the order of priorities when there are multiple garnishments
- What is the CCPA and how does it work
- Know how to address different jurisdictions
Webinar: Child Support and Garnishments – All You Need To Know | When: Tuesday, Sep 18th | 11:00 AM PDT | 02:00 PM EDT | Duration: 90 Minutes | Expert Trainer: David Sanders
David Sanders is considered one of the world’s leading experts in accounting, finance, business consulting, payroll, budgeting, collections, personal income taxes, business taxes, business set up, sales and use taxes, internal controls, inventory management, cycle counting, record keeping and vendor/supplier management. He has conducted approximately 10,100 training sessions, including public seminars, on-sites, company training, chambers of commerce trainings, colleges, videos, CDs and webinars worldwide. Mr. Sanders is called upon nationally and internationally for his SOX training abilities and to perform, walk through interim testing for core financial processes such as internal controls, fraud detection, internal controls, financial reporting, revenue, inventory, and expenditure testing.
1180 Avenue of the Americas, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States.