Last Three Days left to register for this highly subscribed Webinar!
How to compensate employees for the hours spent traveling on business is becoming one of the major concerns of the payroll department today. Many recent changes in federal, and state wage and hour rules as well as economic pressures on employers and employees alike can create a situation that can practically invite noncompliance lawsuits—especially if the travel_time results in overtime being owed to the employee.
But it isn’t just the DOL that is interested in travel_pay. The IRS also has strict regulations on when employees can be paid for travel_expenses without it being considered wages. Does the company use the per diem method to reimburse employees or the accountable plan method? Or do you even need to have a method when it comes to reimbursing employees for travel_expenses?
This webinar discusses the rules and regulations that must be followed when paying an employee for travel_pay. It discusses:
- Travel_pay requirements—What you must pay for and why
- Best practices for paying travel_pay correctly
- Which employees have to be paid…and when
- Payroll Compliance and travel_pay issues—keeping wage and hour claims at bay
- What to do when federal and state laws conflict and handling multiple state conflict issues
- How travel_pay affects overtime calculations—travel_pay differences for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Special_circumstances that may require travel_payment
- What are per diems
- When travel_payments are taxable
- Accountable and nonaccountable plans
This course has been approved by HRCI as eligible for 1.50 credits towards a participant’s recertification upon full completion.
Webinar: Travel Pay: Handling it Correctly | When : Friday, Jul 13 | 10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT | Duration: 90 Minutes | Expert Trainer: Vicki M. Lambert
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP is president and academic director of The Payroll Advisor™. She has over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer_and author. Ms. Lambert has lectured extensively on payroll administration and compliance issues for clients that have included Automatic Data Processing, CCH Incorporated, Ceridian Employer Services and The Employer Group.
1180 Avenue of the Americas,, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States