I hope you’re having a great week.
I am extending you the invitations for the “Performance Reviews: a step-by-step Process for Conducting Them Meaningfully and Effectively” that we are hosting with Ijona Skills. If you are already registered, I apologize for the extra communication.
I wanted to take a moment to highlight the key features of our webinars and the speaker delivering this session.
Topic: Performance Reviews: a step-by-step Process for Conducting Them Meaningfully and Effectively
Date & Time: 29th June, 2018 at 01:00 PM ET
Duration: 90 min
One of the most critical areas of employee relationships–and one of the biggest challenges management faces today–is conducting effective performance appraisals and determining appropriate merit increases. Learn to give performance appraisals that help motivate employees to achieve goals and increase their value to the organ.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- State of the Art Practices in Performance Reviews
- Why annual reviews are not adequate
- Staff involvement and ownership through self-appraisal and dialogue
- Traps to Avoid in the Performance Appraisal Process
- Developing Performance Measures
- Using behavioral terms
- Defining levels of performance
- Collecting Information About Performance
- Establishing a record-keeping system
- Making observations
- Encouraging staff to monitor themselves
- Communicating the Appraisal
- Setting the tone for a two-way discussion
- Evaluating and maximizing strengths
- Communicating about problem areas without creating defensiveness
- Setting mutual goals for maintaining and improving performance
- Using the review as an opportunity for career planning
- Handling resistance
- What to do if you reach a stalemate
- Following Up on the Review
- Monitoring performance
- Making informal appraisal an ongoing occurrence
Chris DeVany is keynote speaker at Ijona Skills. He is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include such organizations as Microsoft, Visa International, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)… read more
Take a look at our LMS Platform (Unlimited access to 1000+ e-Learning hours: Stop, pause, and rewind: learn at your own pace).
click here to view our LMS platform.
If you have any questions, my line is always open.
Ijona Skills | Last mile connect
P: 302-830-3132 Ext: 100
This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, please click here to remove yourself from my mailing list.