This webinar will cover the six stages of raising awareness, implementing and measuring a successful workplace diversity program : Unmindfulness, Problematic – events occur (or don’t occur), Awareness – something needs to change, Solve – what needs to change, Impact – are we experiencing the change we wanted, Mindfulness – being aware of our responsibilities and being accountable is second nature.
Why Should You Attend:
Today’s employees have a heightened awareness, and less tolerance for any lack of tolerance regarding diversity. Today’s employees expect to be able to bring their authentic self to work, and speak up promptly and expect their companies to take action when working in a workplace not respectful of diversity.
Diversity programs just as any other workplace program go through stages. Creating awareness, creating new models and changing the way people think is not something that can be changed immediately, accomplished through a training class or even made compulsory as with some programs. When such efforts are involuntary enforced, time has shown that heavy handed efforts often causes company efforts to backfire, and people to shut down, with the result that people actually respect and value each other less. ( View More )
Areas Covered :
- Meeting employee expectations regarding diversity.
- What is a diversity program – its elements defined?
- What the six stages of a diversity program entail doing.
- The role of diversity training today – what training needs to include.
- How managers are the front line in implementing diversity appreciation – setting management expectations.
- Educating and enabling managers in their responsibilities to prevent and correct disrespect to have a truly inclusive environment.
- How to include and value those who may not have been traditionally included
- Appropriate steps to take when problematic allegations are made.
- Diversity dinosaurs. What to do with those individuals who just “don’t get it.”
- How and why diversity programs fail.
Topic: The Inclusive Workplace – The Six Stages of a Diversity and Inclusion Program
Date: Jun 26th 2018, Tuesday | Time: 02:30 PM EST – Duration: 90 Minutes
Instructor profile: Teri Morning, MBA, MS, SPHR, SPHR-CA is the President of her own HR Consulting firm She has over 15 years human resource and training experience in a variety of professional fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit company structures. She has consulted with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 10 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses. In addition to a MBA, Teri has a Master’s degree in Human Resource Development with a specialization in Conflict Management. She was certified by the State of Indiana in mediation skills, is qualified as a Myers-Briggs practitioner and holds the dual SHRM certification of a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources – California (SPHR-CA).
1180 Avenue of the Americas, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States.